What is Hopestonia?
Hopestonia under the Estonian name (Eestilootus) was established in the City of Pärnu as a registered nonprofit organisation on the 20th October 2008 under the Registration Number 80272037.
The published purpose of Hopestonia is:- “To help to support the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the destitute families and children of South Western Estonia.”
Hopestonia started in the hearts and minds of Stuart & Jane Chalmers from the end of the fourth trip to Estonia in 2006, as a result of obvious physical, emotional and spiritual needs in the people of South Western Estonia that they had met at that point. Since that time and to date Hopestonia has:-
• Funded resources, food, equipment and camping trips for the Lastemaja at 40b Rama St. Pärnu.
• Funded, organised and facilitated two holidays to Bournemouth for children and care staff of the Lastemaja ( Father’s Children’s House) one in 2008 and another in 2010.
• Helped to fund and resource food and care at the Help Centre in Pärnu up until it closed in 2008.
• Funded organised the UK end of a holiday for children and staff from Kaelase Kool in Halingavald.
• Have funded and resourced food and medication for the vulnerable and homeless of Saardevald.
• Hopestonia has provided funding for the foundations of the domestic premises of a local Church Minister.
Hopestonia has also provided over twenty seven trips in six years:-
• Ministry and worship support at six churches and two other church related premises.
• Counsel support and advice into several complex ministry situations in South Western Estonia.
• Prayer cover for many needs spiritual, physical and emotional, utilising support from other churches in the UK as well. Future planning for Hopestonia includes as soon as possible registration of Hopestonia as a registered charity